Intensive Chinese Language in Harbin
At CET Harbin, students take a step towards near-native fluency. They specialize their language skills through a one-on-one language course about a topic of their choosing. They target diction and error correction in a one-on-two drill course. They add breadth to their vocabulary through electives like business Chinese, Chinese newspaper and Chinese literature. A full-time language pledge ensures that Chinese is the sole means of communication for the entire term. This program is perfect for intermediate and advanced language learners who are ready for full immersion. Spring semester students can up the ante by tacking January Term in Beijing onto their study abroad plans.
Study Abroad in Harbin, China: Features
- Intensive academics, with 20 hours/week of Chinese language classes
- One-on-one tutorial, designed by the student
- One-on-two course that focus on error correction
- Thesis research conducted in Chinese for advanced students
- Full-time Chinese language pledge
- Local roommates
- Open to students with at least 4 semesters of previous Chinese language study
|Term||Year||Registration Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Spring||2018||12/01/2017 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission registration process. Registrants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's registration deadline.