Explore Indian culture in a diverse, cosmopolitan city, while taking courses at CIEE’s partner school, University of Hyderabad, as well as at CIEE Hyderabad. Choose from classes specially designed for international students in biotechnology, information technology, and medical sciences as well as a vast selection of direct-enroll options in arts, economics, history, humanities, language, literature, political science, sociology, and more.
All courses are complemented with CIEE co-curricular activities and excursions beyond the city to enhance classroom learning and provide intercultural understanding.
LEARN TRADITIONAL INDIAN ARTS
like Kathak dance, intricate Henna design, Tabla (percussion), and Yoga.
at an award-winning university that offers an array of interesting courses.
LIVE WITH AN
Indian host family or on campus with an international exchange student.
Excursions & Activities
- Fall: Visit Varanasi, the holiest of the seven sacred cities in Hinduism and Jainism, with a key role in the development of Buddhism.
- Spring: Visit Visakhapatnam – Jewel of the East Coast – in Andhra Pradesh. Visit Bora Caves and Araku Valley or Hampi, Anegundi, or Badami.
Relish unique sights and sounds all over Hyderabad.
- Explore Buddhist, Jain, and Hindu temples.
- Visit the folk goddess temple, Peddamma, and see the biggest Ganesha idol in Hyderabad.
- Practice Yoga on campus daily – it doesn’t get any more authentic!
- Celebrate annual festivals with colorful decorations and kites.
- Visit special places like Mysore, Byllakuppe, Melkote, Badami, and Karnataka.
Volunteering. Give two hours a week and get back much more. Build school gardens, tutor orphaned boys, teach English and self-esteem to girls, design marketing materials and/or websites for NGO’s, or develop interventions for minority communities.
Language tutoring. Pair-up with Indian university students for help getting involved on campus.
Independent study. Investigate the textile industry, modern religion, the impact of climate change, marginalized communities, or other intriguing topics with a faculty advisor from the Study in India Program (SIP).
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Orientation – an introduction to Indian culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Cultural and/or Co-curricular Activities
- Excursions and/or Study Tours
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Term||Year||Registration Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Fall||2021||05/01/2021 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission registration process. Registrants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's registration deadline.