CIEE Tropical Ecology and Conservation in Monteverde, Costa Rica
You’re in for the ecological education of a lifetime. Take courses and do research in a spectacular cloud forest 4,600 feet above sea level in Monteverde at CIEE’s Study Center. You’ll come to understand the practical biological problems associated with agricultural development, ecotourism, and grassroots conservation efforts in developing countries.
Through rigorous coursework, and unique field opportunities including two extensive field trips throughout Costa Rica’s varied ecosystems, and the Panamanian coast, studying abroad in Monteverde, acquaints you with practical biological problems associated with agricultural development, eco-tourism, and grassroots conservation efforts in developing countries.
Study abroad in Costa Rica and you will:
- Gain hands-on experience through an independent research project
- Participate in two 2.5 week field trips, including a trip to Panama to observe marine diversity in the coral reefs off the Bocas del Toro Islands
- Live in a biological station surrounded by the Monteverde Cloud Forest
- Get to known rural Costa Rica during a one-month homestay with a local family
- Study Spanish at nine different levels with no more than four students per instructor
Please check the CIEE website for final program dates, and speak with your CIEE Study Abroad Advisor prior to booking airfare.
|Term||Year||Registration Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Spring||2019||12/01/2018 **||Rolling Admission||02/07/2019||05/18/2019|
** Indicates rolling admission registration process. Registrants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's registration deadline.